Acute gastroenteritis is food poisoning caused by the consumption of food or drink containing micro-organisms or their toxins of pathogenic or toxic chemicals. Also, a group of people affected by the type of the same symptoms of food poisoning, and they give the history of public food consumption a few hours ago.
Symptoms of food poisoning
Food poisoning within a few minutes to about 7 hours after you have ingested poisoned food. Symptoms of food poisoning may include the following:
1. Unexplained fatigue
4. Sudden and severe diarrhea
5. The sudden unexplained fever
6. Muscle pain
7. The stomach cramps
If food poisoning caused by chemicals or toxins, symptoms of food poisoning will be faster, as compared to food poisoning caused by bacteria or viruses.
Risk factor for symptoms of food poisoning
There are no such criteria, calculated to measure the level of risk. However, there is a special section, and the scenario is that susceptible to food poisoning. Children and the elderly, are part of the highest recorded on the scale of the risk. Some of the risk factor as follows:
1. A weak immune system
2. Pregnant women
3. If you’re on a heavy dose of medication
4. If you spend a good amount of time in a miasma of smoke cigarettes
5. A serious medical condition
Treatment for symptoms of food poisoning
If any of these symptoms persist more than 24 hours, you should consult a physician immediately. The doctor will prescribe a medication to get rid of the infection and also relieve symptoms. If the disease caused due to bacteria, anti bacterial medicines prescribed by the specialist. Second, some medications that purchased over-the-counter, and are effective in treating symptoms such as diarrhea and vomiting.
In the case of a minor, the following medications can be helpful in reducing symptoms of food poisoning
1. Do not eat solid food for vomiting or diarrhea lasts.
2. Excess vomiting and diarrhea cause dehydration. Drink electrolyte drinks on a regular basis to fix this condition.
3. You must save from a powerful smell, food, excess heat or cold, etc., as it may trigger nausea.
4. Diarrhea after quitting, you can have a bland food comprised of food such as potatoes, rice, herbal teas, etc.
Preventive action for symptoms of food poisoning
Food poisoning prevented by following these simple steps.
1. It is critical to keep hygiene and cleanliness to inhibit contamination of food. The kitchen must be kept clean, and the people cooking food must follow the hygienic habits.
2. Unused food and rest should discard immediately. If the food stored for a prolonged period, it should be refrigerated and stored properly. It is also advised not to eat and drink in unhygienic conditions.
We must remember that these home remedies considered only if the symptoms of food poisoning are mild. It recommended consulting a physician immediately if severe symptoms of food poisoning observed that does not subside within a few hours. Prevention is always better than cure, so maintaining cleanliness while cooking, handle, and store food is the best way.