How to do fire extinguisher refilling procedure? In this article will be discussed the refilling procedure of fire extinguisher in general. You must recharge your fire extinguisher tubes immediately after the fire extinguishers used. Remember, the charging performed every time you use it.
One way to be sure that your fire extinguishers are able to protect and safeguard the safety of the danger is to keep it well maintained at all times. Even if you only use a little agent in the fixed fire extinguisher. It required to conduct a replenishment due to pressure in the tubes will decrease.
In addition to conducting a fire after use of charging, you should recharge the refill tube after performing a routine inspection. This is because at the time of the inspection sometimes found that extinguishers pressure down. So it can’t put to good use if it used.
When is the right time to do fire extinguisher refilling procedure?
The easiest way to find out if you need to recharge your fire extinguishers is by conducting inspections. The first thing you should do is to look at the pressure gauge if the pressure is in the red bar, the sign of the pressure down and must refill. When you’re checking fire extinguishers in your building, also note the weight of the fire extinguisher. If the weight of fire extinguishers feels lighter than it should, it is indicating that you should do a refill as soon as possible.
Fire extinguisher refilling procedure
1. First, a fire completely depressurized and the agent removed from the cylinder.
2. The exhaust valve removed from the cylinder.
3. Siphon tubes removed from the valve.
4. Cleaning the valve, replace the valve neck o-ring, and visually inspect the internal and external unit for signs of damage.
5. A rearranged new valve installed to ensure proper seating and avoid future pressure losses.
6. Extinguishing agents recharged amount up to the size of the unit that specified in the instructions and charging the unit.
7. The unit pressurized with gas pressurizing back fit and pressure required for the unit as listed in the instructions.
8. Technicians finished the test leakage to check for signs of leaks and reinstall the liquid or the hose.
9. Confirm that the total weight within the allowed tolerance indicated by the manufacturer.
Can you do fire extinguisher refilling procedure by yourself?
Charging fire extinguishers require the Fire extinguisher refilling tools and the agent (dry chemical, water, CO2, Halon, etc.). Need training on how to do fire extinguisher refilling procedure properly. You can do it yourself but it is better if it done by people who experts in their field to cut the problem. The professional fire protection services provide specialized services to recharge fire extinguishers. Also, the material and training make sure that the filling agent performed well and assured can work on when needed.
Whether you choose to hire a fire protection services company to recharge your fire extinguisher or doing it yourself is an option. But one thing to note is always to make sure that the needle on the pressure gauge located in the green zone. This is the best way to ensure that a fire extinguisher goes well and your fire extinguisher ready to protect you in the event of a fire.