How to do fire extinguisher clean up? The most common portable fire extinguisher for commercial use in the United States is the kind that dry chemical ABC. It containing ammonium phosphate, also known as the multi-purpose fire extinguisher. Firefighters in most homes are the same type as the commercial units, only smaller.
This means you may clean the residue from such a fire. Also, to make sure you can see the label on the firemen spent; the content listed there. Ammonium phosphate is a smooth, yellow to the fall of the damned flour in a very wide area. Ammonium phosphate softens and sticks when in contact with hot surfaces. While these characteristics make a great agent extinguishing, but it makes clean up very difficult.
ABC fire extinguisher clean up
ABC dry chemical can do serious damage to the delicate equipment and corrode metals, especially if not completely cleaned. That is why we have recommended to our customers; sweep or vacuum chemical free. Then, MOP scrub using strong detergent and brush, and check to make sure there are no remaining residues.
Then rinse the surface and dry. Furniture, equipment, or other objects may need to move or demolished to complete removal of dry chemical. Cleaning operations should carry out as soon as possible after the items have cooled enough to handle safely. Certainly, the power must disconnect from any electrical equipment, machinery, etc. before using wet cloth or brush on it.
Fire extinguisher clean up recommendation
While the fire extinguisher debit does not usually present health hazard, experts of the state system you want to set. That said, do you know how to properly clean the residue remaining after the fire you put to use?
Fire extinguisher clean up dry chemical
1. Sweep or vacuum any residue that has settled in the affected area.
2. To break down the chemical in crisp, silicone spray the affected area with a solution of 49% isopropyl alcohol and 51% warm water.
3. To neutralize the sodium bicarbonate, rinse the involved area with a solution of 95% hot water and 5% vinegar.
4. To neutralize Monoammonium phosphate, wash the affected area with a solution of hot water and baking soda.
5. Wash the area with mild soap and water solution; then rinse.
Blow dry the area to remove excess water.
Tip: Allow the solution to treat excess agent for a few minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Wet chemical fire extinguisher clean up
1. Confirm fuel source all the equipment has turned off.
2. Be sure to wear rubber gloves. If liquid or fire extinguishing agent comes into contact with skin or eyes, rinse with water.
3. Use hot, soapy water and a sponge to remove residue foaming. Scrub all surfaces that have come into contact with the agent excess.
4. After all, the affected surface with residue to clean, rinse and allow time to dry before returning power back to the equipment.
Extra fire extinguisher clean up after use tips
Goods such as works of art and electrical appliances should clean professionally to avoid further damage. Should be extra careful when taking care of cooking utensils and food storage during the fire extinguisher clean up oven process. Immediately fill or replace your fire extinguisher types.